Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Minneapolis Day One


2 March 2014

This Sunday started out like any other; I woke up around 7:30 and took a shower and got dressed, and then I went downstairs and had breakfast while I went through my emails and social media and did some writing. I went to church a little bit early so that I could set up for my lesson for Children's Liturgy of the Word. Today's Gospel was about worrying, and the suggested lesson involved bubbles, so I used that.

After church, I went home and finished up some packing before I had lunch. I had just a few last minute things to pack while I got ready to leave after lunch. I hit the road at about quarter after noon.


I stopped in Green Bay to refuel Luna, and then we continued west on 29 and then 94. It was a pretty boring drive. There was lots of snow and wintery trees to look at, in addition to a couple cool buildings on the way. I had to stop again in Menomonie to refuel again, and while I was there, I also stopped at an Arby's. I quit my job there four years ago after working there for about two and a half years. I still love their shakes, even though I very rarely go there. I stopped in and had a roast beef sandwich and a mint chocolate swirl shake. It was just as delicious as I remembered.

I continued driving, and I made it over the Mississippi. My mom told me to stop at the tourism centers on the way to Minneapolis and on the way back so that I could get a state map for both Minnesota and Wisconsin. I missed the exit this time because the sun was dipping down and getting in my eyes.

I made it into Minneapolis as the sun was starting to set while Geri X's Train Hopping Hobo Song was playing. I took that to be a good sign.

I had to drive around the block of the hotel (W Minneapolis - The Foshay) three times to figure out where to park. haha.


{I'm not used to seeing such tall buildings! I think they're really pretty. I rented a 10-24 mm lens to take with me, and I love shooting in such a wide angle!}

I made it to the front desk to check in, and since I'm under 21, they had to send security up to my room to remove the alcohol. Then, when I got in the elevator, I didn't realize that you had to put your key card in to go upstairs. Thank you to the kind employee who helped me out with that!


W really likes the color purple.


I love the scent of these lemon sage bliss products.


I opened the door to the shower, thinking that it was just an extra-large shower, but no, there's an extra-large shower and a bathtub.


The view from the bathroom is incredible. I'm sure it's the same view from the main room, but the curtains were drawn in the main room when I arrived, so I didn't notice the incredible sunset stripes until I walked into the bathroom.


More lemon sage.


I thought it was so funny that they took the bottles of alcohol out, but they left the jar of olives and the martini shaker.


King size beds make me feel so tiny.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO they left you the shaker and the olives! Beautiful tall buildings. I need a road trip!
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of hilarious that they left you at the front desk so that they could remove the alcohol from your room haha. This hotel looks absolutely amazing and gorgeous. What a view! I love tall buildings too. When I travel, I don't care that I look like a tourist. I embrace it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...