Image Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

stream of consciousness vol. two

{from a week or two ago}

I wish I was one of those bloggers who has a perfectly planned out post for every day of the week, but I'm not, so I'm just going to let my fingers type and see where this ends up...

It's almost nine o'clock on Monday night as I sit at the dining room table writing. I was going to make some macaroni and cheese from scratch for dinner tonight, but by the time I got home, I just didn't feel like doing it, so I put a pizza in the oven instead. Did you know that California Pizza Kitchen makes personal pizzas? That's not what I had (I had DiGiorno), but they're really good. I wish that we had a CPK nearby instead of Pizza Hut. A Chick-Fil-A would also be nice...

I've been watching The Hills on hulu lately, and I'm kind of addicted. There really isn't a whole lot of substance to the show; it just seems to be about drama, but I like seeing life in LA and working at Teen Vogue. Plus since it's a few years old, it's crazy to see how everyone dressed.

My nails are bare right now, which is weird. They seem a lot stronger than usual as well. I was going to paint them on Thursday night, so I took off the other nail polish that I had on, and I trimmed my nails, and picked out a color, but then I just didn't feel like dealing with the wet nails and just the whole process. I want to get a professional manicure soon, since I have a gift certificate for a spa about an hour and a half away. I also have a gift card for a local spa, and I want to get a facial there. But I don't know what kind to get! Any suggestions?

It got up to like 54 degrees today. It was so nice out, which is great, because it literally snowed three days ago (Friday). I got off work that night and had to scrape the ice off my car. I hate having to scrape/brush ice/snow off my car. It's not going to be fun that my new apartment doesn't have a garage.

I'm moving at the end of the month! I'm excited but kind of scared at the same time. I've actually been living alone for the past few weeks (long story), and it's just really weird. Especially since it's the house that I grew up in, with like half of the furniture gone. I'm ready for a fresh start. But it's going to be expensive. I need to find a washer and dryer, and I want to get a new desk and a new bed and a new blender and some other little stuff like that. I'm looking for a quiet blender, because the one that I have right now is kind of old (I found it buried in the kitchen cabinets) and it's really loud and doesn't work the greatest with frozen foods. I'm kind of wanting to get a NutriBullet, but I am open to suggestions.

I've been working on shooting in manual, and it is kind of scary and annoying at times, but it is so exciting to know that I am completely in control of what my camera is doing. I just wish that there was a camera that worked as well to adjust to the lighting to take pictures exactly as you see the world.

So, I decided on my Halloween costume on November second, but now I want to be Betty Crocker for the second night of Halloween! I don't really like how I look in the color red all of the time because of my skin tone, but if I find a dress that would work, I am totally going to do it. I just need to learn how to apply lipstick and how to curl my hair...

I really want to go shopping, but I don't want to spend any money. I need a new bikini, but at the same time, I don't really often need to wear a bikini, because usually when I go swimming in the summer, it's with the kids at summer camp, so I wear a one-piece. I found a cute bikini on clearance at Target, but they didn't have a top that fit me, just a bottom. I found a different top that would work with it (the bottom was black and white leopard print with mint accents and the top I found was just plain black), but I didn't end up buying them. It would be so much easier to shop for swimwear if they used bra sizes instead of just S/M/L, etc.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Sign up for Groupon! There are always groupons for DSLR classes that teach you how to really use your camera. I signed my Mom up for one and my photos have never looked better!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's still snowing there! It's all rainy and windy here. It was in the 50's yesterday, and I thought I was going to freeze to death. I was so cold! Today, the power went out at work because lightning struck the transformer. It was kind of exciting to me because I love when the power goes out, but I felt bad for all of the guests. Exciting that you'll be living alone soon! Moving out is so expensive, which I'm trying to move again and I'm already about to cry because I'm going to be so broke! Betty Crocker would be such a cute and fun costume!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...