Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

you know you're a preschool teacher when...

{I should preface this by saying that I'm not an actual preschool teacher who works with preschoolers five days a week for nine months a year. I currently teach four classes a week for preschoolers, plus I am a summer day camp counselor for four and five year olds. I also teach Sunday school to children ages three through fifth grade, and I have been working with this age group for about seven years now.}


you know you're a preschool teacher when...

...you have someone else's child's artwork hanging on your fridge.

...you have been surrounded by six people playing with/braiding your hair for no reason.

...there are days that you say you are never going to have kids, but then the next day you change your mind because they are just so adorable.

...even though you don't feel old enough to be a parent, there are children who you have referred to as your kids.

...you have had many silent laughter moments over the hilarious things that come out of their mouths.

...you never get tired of hearing "Miss Teresa" in their adorable raspy little voices.

...you know about toys and movies that most people your age wouldn't know about, and you desperately want to watch Frozen because everyone is always talking about it.

...you get random parts of random Greg & Steve songs stuck in your head for no reason.

...you know all of the words to a certain few Greg & Steve songs. {Bop 'Till You Drop, Goin' on a Bear Hunt, and Silly Willies are my personal favorites.}

...being hugged around the knees makes your day.

...an accomplishment for them is an accomplishment for you, whether it's making it through class without crying and missing mom, or doing their first flip on the bars.

...children's books are your favorite books, and you love browsing the children's section at any bookstore.

Do you have any funny stories about kids? You know I'd love to hear them... Kids say the greatest things.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Check off all the above for me except being calles "Miss" though my son sometimes calls me Ma'am! I love kids. Mine are 6 and 8, and I have 17 nieces and nephews all under the age of 8 as well. So, I'm glad I love kids or Holidays would be a huge problem!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bop Till You Drop & the Bear Hunt! :) We also have a "silly" bear hunt in which you go through a candy factory, a peanut butter river, and a jello swamp!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...