Image Map

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cave Point Winter {or: Distractions and Getting Lost}

I'm just going to get the words out of the way up here, and then let the pictures speak for themselves. (:

On Wednesday, I had a free afternoon and I had been thinking about going up north to just drive and listen to music. {I listened to the Traveling Suitcase's Nobody Wins and Taylor Swift's 1989, if you wanted to know.} I am so glad that that was when I went because the sky was just so so perfect, and it wasn't too cold at 27 degrees.

I took 57 north with the intention of going to Cave Point, because I don't remember ever going there. I'm sure I have, but it's been years, if ever. I took the road that heads to Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park, since I know that it is just south of Cave Point, but I got a little distracted along the way when I found a pretty abandoned house that begged for pictures, so of course I turned around. It's private property, so of course I did stay on the road. I am just loving my 10-24 mm lens!

I headed back on that road, thinking that it would loop around to get me turned around towards Whitefish Bay again, but it actually brought me back to highway 57. I turned right again as soon as I could, and after a couple wrong turns, I got onto Clark Lake Road, knowing that would bring me in the right direction and it did. I saw the signs for the state park, and just after passing the entrance to the park, I made a left, seeing a street sign that had Cave Point, but that turned out to be just a residential street with a lot of property for sale. I turned around after seeing a cute little cottage that I took some pictures of, and then I turned left where I should have gone straight from the park and finally made it to Cave Point!

The sign about dangerous conditions is no lie! The ground was mostly covered in snow, but the parts that didn't have frozen snow just had ice. That wasn't too good since I was wearing Converse. I didn't fall or drop my camera, so it was all good. The trees that were closest to the edge were bent over and frozen, and there were a few other people who were there when I was. I need to go back in the fall at least!


xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. 1989 is the PERFECT road trip music. That little house looks so cute! Yay for getting pictures of it. It really just looks so cozy. I love all of your pictures. It looks so cold! Brrr. I do not like the cold, but I love looking at all the ice and snow in your pics. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...